Pittsburgh Mercy Health System
Mission & Values
The Pittsburgh Mercy Health System, a member of Catholic Health East and sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, is an extension of the Catholic health care ministry to all people in Southwestern Pennsylvania. We carry out our mission through our core values and with a commitment to being a transforming, healing presence within the communities we serve. We stand with the vulnerable of our communities in assessing need, collaborating with others, providing services that address the whole person, and advocating for social change.
- Reverence for each person
- We believe each person is a manifestation of the sacredness of human life.
- We demonstrate our connectedness to each other through inclusive and compassionate relationships.
- We advocate for a society in which all can realize their full potential and achieve the common good.
- Commitment to the Poor
- We give priority to those society ignores.
- We care for and strengthen the ministry and all resources entrusted to us.
- We dare to take the risks our faith demands of us.
- We keep our word and are faithful to who we say we are
The New Look of Hope
Our new brand identity and tagline reflect who PMHS is today. Our history of hard work, hands-on service, compassion, and our niche in the Pittsburgh market today are themes upon which our new identity and heritage of hope is built.